Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blog2Print - How cool is this!




Have any of you heard of, or had your blog made into a book by using Blog2Print?   


I'd never heard of such a thing until I stumbled onto an article about it over the weekend and I thought, what a cool idea this is!


 As is my usual style, when I find something I'm interested in - I do an exhaustive research on the subject, which is what I did with this as well.


I've read quite a few blog posts where people had their blogs done as books and they all seem really happy with them.


Cool, I'm thinking ... sign me up!   : )   


But then really, I don't have a ton of blog posts on here yet and not ones that I'd necessarily want to be made into a book, but ...


I had an idea and that is, to decide first what exactly I would want in a blog book and then write entries to correspond.


What I've decided to do is to start another blog [a private one] and will make that blog, the one I want to eventually put into print.


I read where you can have something like 1,500 photos in a book and I know I wouldn't have nearly that many but it's nice the option is there anyways.


Some photos will be included of course but I plan to be selective when choosing them.


I guess what I've pretty much decided, is to make a blog of "My Life" or at least of things ... people, places and events that are important to me.  


Perhaps a favorite poem or two?   Maybe the words to a favorite song.   

Among other things I'd like to include are my friends and pictures as well of course.


Included in that, I hope would be my dear friend, Michel who is from North Picardy, France.   


Now, I'm not just saying this but he is the most interesting person that I have ever met in my life and I'm also very fond of his sweet wife, Janine.  


Michel, if you read this before I get a chance to send you a message on Xanga ... 


I hope that you'll let me go through your photos posted on your blog and let me choose a few that I could have published into my own personal book.    I'd be honored if you would agree to it.   


There is so much I can think of that I'd like to include in the book, a few other ideas are:  


  • Favorite bible verses
  • My best advice
  • Favorite Quotes
  • Articles I've written 
  • A true story about when I was in 5th grade and the teacher caught me passing a love note to a boy.  She then asked for a volunteer to read it out loud to the class [which another boy gladly volunteered to do.]  Aah, that was just the worst!   lol
  •  Pictures of myself and brothers and my sister when we were little
  • Pictures of animals I've had and also possibly pictures of other animals as well if I can find just the right pictures.  [I love horses and cats especially!]

Okay, I guess by now, you get the idea ... yes?   : )   


Maybe it's just me and I'm a dork but I am so excited about this that I can barely stand it!   


The price of the book to be printed depends on how many pages it is when done, but a good sized book [if I remember right], maybe a couple of hundred pages would be around 60 bucks.


It'd be worth every single penny to me, to have it done.    

My kids or grandkids might like it someday but if not, it'd be something I, myself would treasure and I'm sure would enjoy looking at it years to come!


After all, it'd be a story of my life ... it'd be me!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a wonderful day!